November 18, 2008

That tattoo is amazing, Dad. I wonder what the Prophet would say about that. I think I know. That reminds me of how much I wish I would have paid attention when we went on family trips to Church historical sites. There's so much about Church history that I want to learn. Thinking back, I honestly cannot believe that I've stood in the Sacred Grove, or on the Hill Cummorah, or in Carthage. I didn't appreciate it at the time. I'll have to go back to all these places. I think I would cry to be entirely honest. My love and respect for the Prophet Joseph and for what he did has increased so much in the last year and a half. I love him. I love the Church and the Book of Mormon and all that so much. It's all true you know.
Here are some pictures. The first is of me and Elder Chacon on his first day in the field at President's house. The second is of Elder Chacon's first baptism. Which, I should specify, was not our baptism, it was the Sisters'. Still special though. Things are going great with my new companion. He's willing to learn and work hard. It's fun to speak in English for once. I've been living with ONLY Brazilians since August. My mind has been so full of Portuguese that when I try to speak English I more just end up speaking Portuguese in English words. Like all the phrases are messed up. I hope that doesn't show in my emails. I'm getting the hang of things again though. I don't think God will let me have an American companion for very long.
Speaking of English, I'll be talking to you guys on the phone in just a few weeks. The exclamation point key on this keyboard doesn't work, but just so you know, it's all exclamation points in my head when I think about my Christmas phone call. There would be about 40 to 50 in this paragraph. I'll try to find a member's house to make things a little cheaper this time. I'll get you that number as soon as I know. So excited.
I feel like I had something else to say, but I don't know what. I'm sure I'll think of it this week.
I love you.
Jordan

No comments: