April 7, 2008

I'd like to point out Momma's mentioning of President Updorf in her email. I agree that his talk was the best of Sunday morning, and in my opinion perhaps the best of the whole conference. I love it when he talks about ZE FAZALAND! To be honest I just can't decide which talk was my favorite. I think that if any one talk was missing it wouldn't have been the same experience. Every talk is just as it should be, at the right time. They were all wonderful. I loved conference so much. It was such an honor to sustain the First Presidency, and the Twelve with Elder Christofferson (whose granddaughter like totally made out with Elder Days friend, like seriously), and President Aidukaitis who was called to the First Quorum of the Seventy. That is a blessing. I've loved so much of what he's had to say in the last ten months and now I'll have the chance to hear him speak every once in a while at conference.
Let me just take a moment to say how much I love the men in the First Presidency and the Twelve. They are the anchor of my faith. I appreciate each one of them. Everyone seems to have a favorite Apostle but I can't see it that way. Like President Packer said, they are all ordinary men who, as a quorum, are a power. I don't know any of them personally so I can't fairly say I like one guy over another, I love them all. They are all examples to me and I hope that none of us will take for granted the fact that we have them and their words. Elder Holland mentioned in his talk that he had personally seen the mantle of the prophet fall upon President Monson. As I watched, especially at the very end I saw and felt that he is a prophet as well. When I get home, I don't ever plan on missing a session of conference if I can help it. In person I mean. After meeting soooo many faithful Brazilians who would give almost anything to be there in person, I can't help but recognize the blessing of being only a days drive away. So, that will be my reason to go to Utah twice a year. More than that I don't know if I could handle that. Maybe three. I don't know. Michelle you'll need to come home and visit a lot.
As much as I wished I could have been there, we had a good time here. A whole bus full of people from the branch going together to Brasilia. It was so much fun. NONE of our investigators went. We had all these people lined up and ready to go on Friday, and when the time came they got lazy. Such is life. Especially in Brazil. No one wants to do anything. I guess if we can't get anyone to give up three hours and go to church, we can't expect them to give up a whole weekend and go to conference. I get sad because I know if they'll just go they'll enjoy it but, oh well. You guys got to sit next to a Japanese woman so I'm happy.
I go. I need time to write a few more emails. There isn't much else to write anyways. Conference is wonderful. I get caught away. I hope all is well at home. Sorry about he BMW, Momma. I haven't gotten any packages yet. I got two letters today, one from Elder Fagan in Belem and one from my Russian friend Yana. That was really great. I'm still awaiting your letters and packages though. Maybe if you write "deliver despite strike" on the envelope the Brazilians will bring me my mail.
Who knows. I'll let you know as soon as I get them. I'll probably get them on transfer day next Tuesday because more than likely at least one of us will be leaving and I'll have to go to the Bus station where the packages are. Which reminds me, don't send anything else to my apartment address here. I might be leaving. Hope not. But still. Pray for me that I can stay here for the next 14 months. The last thing I want to do is move again. I hope I didn't just curse myself by saying that.

I LOVE YOU! Jordan

No comments: