July 14, 2008

Today I got my first haircut from a girl in the mission. It was great. She washed my hair and I felt like I was breaking the law of chastity. I'm a little bald now by the way. Any suggestions for how I can keep my hair from falling out?
That's sad about Uncle Brian. I haven't seen him in years. To be honest, I don't actually remember the last time I saw him. But it's sad to think he's gone. Most of all I'm just sad for Jan and the cousins. I hope they are doing well.
Thinking of Brian's passing away leads me to think more of the Temple. Are you guys going to the Temple often? I mean Mom and Dad. If you're not, please make time to go there. There are so many people here that would love to attend the Temple but there isn't one here yet. They have to take two day caravans to get to Campinas or Sao Paulo. Which is nothing difficult, it's all paid for and I hear the trips are always really fun. But think of the convenience we have having a Temple in our own city. And now three more announced not far from us.
Here's the thing about the address... I want to give it to you guys but for the time being we're living in a house outside of our area with other missionaries and we could move at any moment. Our house in Vila Planalto is being used by a dupla of sister missionaries. They work where we are living right now (Asa Norte) but sleeping in our house there. So we're not allowed to be there. As soon as they get a house rented in their area, they'll leave our house and we'll be able to live there and have a fixed address. So, until further notice, please don't hesitate to send letters to the mission office. If you sent them to the house I'm at right now we might end up moving before they get here, and that might be a mess. It's a confusing situation. I haven't been able to unpack my bags yet this transfer.
This week the mission baptized the lowest it's baptized in years: 36. I'm not worried about it though. I don't think it's a bad thing to be honest. President Pizzirani really doesn't want us to just go crazy baptizing little kids all over the place. He wants quality, he wants families. Future Priesthood holders. We had two men in Church yesterday. One named Messias and another named Fernando. They both loved Church and are even more interested now. Messias wore a suit! No one wears a suit their first time in Church here! I had the chance to confirm someone for the first time yesterday during sacrament meeting. I was just sitting in the congregation and they called me up to do it. It turnd out fine. I'm pretty sure he got the Holy ghost.
I would write more but this place charges three reais per hour and I still need to buy groceries. Ohhhh guess what! The grocery store here sells the Milano cookies that are sooo good. They have all kinds of American stuff, it's amazing.
Three packages?? Oh baby. I'm excited.
Have a great week familia. I love you.
Jordan

No comments: