February 18, 2008

Well I must say I don't remember ever telling Sister Cardon that if someone stole my camera maybe they needed it more than me. Oh well. I love her so she can say whatever she wants. I love Presidente Cardon too. Tell them I said hello and that I'm doing well. I'm sure they were just fine with this leaving the CTM. I imagine it gets a little cramped in there after two years. Or was it three? I can't wait to see them again.
About this plan of mine to move back here, its extremely tentative. And conditional. My plan is to go on with school at MCC and wherever after I get home and THEN if I'm not married within one year after school and I'm not all about my job. I'll think seriously about coming back to Brazil for maybe a year or so to teach English. They are lacking English teachers here, in every city. And everyone wants to learn. So you can make a ton of money doing it. I think I would probably live in Rio. After all this amazing stuff that C Nunes has been telling me about it, I feel like I have to see that place. So that's my plan. Don't worry, it probably won't happen.
However, like to come back and visit. If you guys really want to see my mission you can but I'm warning you, it's ugly here. There's NOTHING to see. It's not picturesque. It's not anything. I cannot understand why anyone who doesn't work for the government would live here. I think they're crazy for building this city in the first place. The interior of Brazil is not a nice place. Like I said before, all the great cities of the world have water. Natural water. A river or the ocean. Not a manmade lake. That's why Phoenix will never be a five star town, and neither will Brasilia. I want to go back someday to Sao Paulo. I want to got to Rio, Porto Alegre, Salvador, Fortaleza and Manaus. But I don't really want you guys to pick me up. For a few reasons. I mean, I can't imagine waiting for you guys at the airport here instead of the other way around. It just doesn't seem right. Plus I don't think I can be released here. I don't want to be on vacation and still be a missionary. AND I'll be done right at the end of May beginning of June and Dad has ratings in May, right? So I don't know if it will work out.
I have a request. I've been looking at my pedigree chart lately and I realized I know so little about my family history. Almost nothing. I want to learn all about these people. I want to know what kind of man Jennison Coburn was and about his wife Goldie May. I want to know more about Cap, who I've done work for in the temple.
All of my great grandparents and great greats and great great greats. As far back as we know. I want to know everything. Is there anything you guys can send me about them? Is there temple work that has yet to be done for these people? More than the desire to get married the second I get home I want so badly to go to the temple and to do family history work. I can't believe how many times I drove past the family history center we have right there in Mesa and I never even thought to make time to go there. It seems like there are such interesting stories in our history and I want to learn all about them.
I spent this last week in a city that is also called Planaltina, but in the DF (District Federal). It's nicer than here. I was working with one of the zone leaders, Elder Macdonald. An American. We spoke a lot of English, which was nice after three months of Brazilian companions. The area we worked in is really poor. The people aren't that great either. Almost all of our appointments the whole week fell, and we didn't baptize anybody. It's difficult to teach there. Now that I'm back in beautiful Planaltina de Goias (which is more often called Brasilhinha) it feels more like home. Which is nice.
Here are some pictures from around here. I don't know why they are titled "luciana rego" but whatever. I hope you like them!
Also, about Shaq, how is it working out? Does it totally suck? I hope it's helping. Tell me more about all this business, I'm dying to hear about it.
Lots of love, family. I miss you and you're on my mind everyday. Have a good week. Jordan
ps: I got the letters and package you sent this week! Thank you! I ran out of money just as it came so the cereal was perfect. Thank you. I loved Dad's article to. Alright bye. Love you all!

No comments: