January 13, 2009

I have to give a short update this week because I have a bunch of stuff I have to do on the computer. Momma, thank you so much for wanting to give me a nice room to live in when I get home. I'm sure I will freak out. Feel free to send me a picture if you want! Or if you want it to be a surprise, that's fine. Dad, thank you for all the supportive things you tell me. I'm really grateful for that. I'd love to get a letter from you telling me all about what you're reading lately. Those are my favorite letters.
I have yet to get any letters at the apartment this transfer. No Christmas card or friend letters that you mentioned, yet. Hopefully soon. Elder A. Nascimento called me and told me I have a package that arrived safely at the office. Just to tease me I suppose. I'm looking forward to that.
The Lord has been blessing us with good people to teach and we're really happy about that. We brought a lot of people to Church last week. It was wonderful. Thank you for your prayers, I know they helped.
The Members are off on their Temple Excursion this week. I'm jealous. I can't wait to go to the Temple when I get home. Not only in Mesa, but several others all over the world. For all the family and friends and music and movies and traveling and school and reading and fun things that make me miss home, one thing that makes me miss home the most is going to the Temple. I hope the Lord will help me to learn a lot there.
We're working hard. Two more weeks left in this transfer, then only three more transfers. Who knows, maybe it's my last two weeks as District Leader? Maybe I'll leave Planaltina? Maybe I'll go off to the jungle finally? I don't know. What I do know is that I love the Book of Mormon. I love to teach people who will listen to us. I love you guys. I miss you. Have a good week.
Jordan

No comments: